February 28, 2017 1 min to read
How to Run a Food Tour with Samantha Wood
Category : Idea Accelerator with Lauren Collier
Co-founder, owner, and lead tour guide of Rocky Mountain Food Tours, Samantha Wood became disenchanted with
her boring desk job. So, she went into business with her mom, which has grown to become one of the top food tour companies in Colorado! This leap of faith propelled her into figuring out the odds and ends of being an entrepreneur, becoming a voice for local businesses, and finding ways to give her guests the best customer service she could possibly provide. In 2014, she was honored as the Leadership Pikes Peak Emerging Leader of the Year as well as a Colorado Springs Business Journal Rising Star.
Ideas and Topics Discussed:
- How Samantha left her salaried position to be an entrepreneur
- What are food tours and what do you do?
- Samantha’s work and education history
- Running a business on top of a full-time job and being a full-time student
- Dealing with failure as an entrepreneur
- Re-launching her business after a year-long hiatus
- Working with family and setting boundaries
- Marketing online and using social media
- Samantha’s advice to other business owners
Links and Resources:
- Rocky Mountain Food Tours
- Rocky Mountain Food Tours Blog
- Rocky Mountain Food Tours around the web
- Global Food Tourism conference
- Care and Share
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for joining me again this week. If you have any tips, suggestions, or comments about this episode, please be sure to leave them in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Thank you!
And finally, please leave an honest review for the Central Colorado Springs Advice Givers Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.