January 2, 2018 1 min to read
How to Get Involved with Social Enterprise and Thrive as a Millenial in Colorado Springs with Micki Cockrille
Category : Idea Accelerator with Lauren Collier
Micki Cockrille is the Digital Marketing and Events Specialist at the Better Business Bureau of Southern Colorado. He obtained a B.S. in Business emphasizing in HRMG and Marketing at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs. He finished up his internship with the Pikes Peak Small Business Development Center where he fell in love with the business community in Colorado Springs. He’s found great vitality with the BBB and the Colorado Institute for Social Impact. Please welcome Digital Marketing and Events Specialist, Micki Cockrille.
- How Micki came to Colorado Springs and ended up at the Better Business Bureau
- Majoring in Human Resource Management at UCCS
- Working with the Pikes Peak Small Business Development Center
- The Better Business Bureau
- Being a mediator between businesses and clients
- How the BBB is funded
- Community and networking events with the BBB
- The concept of Social Enterprise in business
- Getting involved with the community and networking events
- The value of Facebook events
- The importance of video content in your business strategy
- Micki’s favorite places in Colorado Springs
Links and Resources:
- Colorado Institute for Social Impact
- Pikes Peak Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- One Million Cups
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for joining me again this week. If you have any tips, suggestions, or comments about this episode, please be sure to leave them in the comments section below. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Thank you!
And finally, please leave an honest review for the Idea Accelerator Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.