January 16, 2018 1 min to read
How to Write, Market, and Live from the Heart with Khadija Grant
Category : Idea Accelerator with Lauren Collier
Khadija Grant is an author with a passion for transforming social issues into raw, inspirational stories, and she enjoys giving back to the youth who live her stories every single day.
At age 29, writing became a passion that woke her up early in the morning and kept her up all night. She allows her heart to guide her writing. This has led her to writing children’s entrepreneurial books, middle grade horror, and comedic poetry.
Her dream is to touch as many lives as possible, especially those who come from unfortunate circumstances, and help to build them up to become bold enough to fight for their dreams. Her books include The Influenced, The Itch and You Can Do It Too.
- How Khadija started writing stories
- A summary of Khadija’s book, The Influenced
- Khadija’s Facebook Live sessions and other speaking engagements
- You Can Start One Too and children’s books about entrepreneurship
- A summary of Khadija’s book, The Itch
- Using Facebook Live to promote yourself and your brand
- Writing something that’s meaningful to you
- Getting your book published and printed
- Self-publishing vs. traditional publishing
- Khadija’s aspirations to give a Ted Talk
- Getting experiences and connecting with people
- Khadija’s favorite places in Colorado Springs
- Supporting local businesses
- The El Pomar Foundation for Colorado
- Networking and getting involved in the community
Links and Resources:
- Khadija’s official website
- Khadija’s books
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Create Space
- 99 Designs
- TedX Colorado Springs
- The El Pomar Foundation
- 1 Million Cups
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for joining me again this week. If you have any tips, suggestions, or comments about this episode, please be sure to leave them in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Thank you!
And finally, please leave an honest review for the Central Colorado Springs Advice Givers Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.