January 9, 2018 1 min to read
How to Start a Food Truck with Andres Velez
Category : Idea Accelerator with Lauren Collier
Andres Velez is the owner of Pig Latin Food Truck. He served six years as a cook in the Army and completed two tours in Iraq. After completing his time in the service, he attended and graduated Culinary school to pursue his dreams. His culinary influences are largely Latin American and International cuisine. He works with his wife who was born and raised in Colorado Springs. Together they serve food with Latin-American, Asian and Polynesian influences.
- Why Andres and his wife started a food truck
- Getting the food truck
- Andres’ experience as an Army chef and in culinary school
- Working together with his wife
- The weekly food truck schedule
- Plans to open a new restaurant
- The menu at Pig Latin Food Truck
- Learning common errors of business owners
- Volunteering for Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Using a commissary in conjunction with a food truck
Links and Resources:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for joining me again this week. If you have any tips, suggestions, or comments about this episode, please be sure to leave them in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Thank you!
And finally, please leave an honest review for the Idea Accelerator Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.