January 23, 2018 1 min to read
How to Kickstart Your Nutritional Goals with Martha Rosenau
Category : Idea Accelerator with Lauren Collier
Martha worked with long time colleagues to open a first-of-its-kind adult intensive outpatient program in Colorado Springs. She established nutrition course content for a nine-month sober living community and day program, including designing hands-on cooking classes for men’s and women’s programs to improve outcomes in early recovery. She now operates a private practice offering assessments, medical nutrition therapy and nutrition care plans to adults with multiple medical conditions, risk factors and co-morbidities.
- Martha’s work background
- How and why people would come and see a dietitian like Martha
- Working in the natural supplements industry
- Giving advice to others about natural supplements
- Determining if problems are diet-related or not
- Behavioral health and working with psychiatrists and therapists
- How often someone should see a dietitian
- Weight management vs. weight loss
- The dieting mentality and adverse effects from extreme dieting
- Boosting and maintaining metabolism
- The benefits of intermittent fasting
- Paleo diets, ketogenic diets, and gluten-free diets
- Martha’s favorite places around Colorado Springs
- Martha’s advice to those interested in nutrition and dietetics
Links and Resources:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for joining me again this week. If you have any tips, suggestions or comments about this episode, please be sure to leave them in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Thank you!
And finally, please leave an honest review for the Idea Accelerator Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.