October 3, 2017 1 min to read
How to get Started in the Practice of Law with Joi Kush
Category : Idea Accelerator with Lauren Collier
Joi Kush is a partner at Johnson Kush, P.C., a family law firm that handles divorces and other family-related cases. During law school, she was a judicial intern for the Honorable Robert Littlefield, U.S. Federal Bankruptcy Court, a legal fellow at the Albany County District Attorney’s Office, Vehicular Crimes Unit, and an intern/research assistance for the Albany Law School Civil Rights and Disability Law Clinic. She has also lived and worked abroad in Beijing, China, Tokyo, Japan, Chiang Mai, Thailand, Hanoi, Vietnam and Dharamsala, India. She’s a mentor attorney for Teen Court, and the 2017 recipient of the Brain S. Gardner, Outstanding Young Lawyer Award.
- What Joi does as a family law attorney
- What inspired Joi to become a divorce lawyer
- Joi’s education background and working abroad
- The local organizations Joi is involved in
- How Joi came to work with and become partners with David Johnson
- How Joi and David receive clients
- The day to day activities Joi is involved in
- How Joi’s personal experiences inform her work as an attorney
- Other things people should know about family law attorneys
- Advice for those who may be going through the divorce process
- Advice for those considering a career as a lawyer
- General advice for business owners and leaders
Links and Resources:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for joining me again this week. If you have any tips, suggestions, or comments about this episode, please be sure to leave them in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Thank you!
And finally, please leave an honest review for the Central Colorado Springs Advice Givers Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.